Before the NBA Draft even begins, there are a few trades to announce. Although not finalized yet, the Lakers and Wizards are finalizing a deal that would send Russell Westbrook to the Lakers.
Detroit is finalizing a trade to send C Mason Plumlee and the No. 37 pick to Charlotte for the No.57 pick.
The Cleveland Cavaliers are acquiring Ricky Rubio, a 2022 second-round pick and cash for Taurean Prince.
1. Detroit Pistons – Cade Cunningham
Coming into tonight’s draft, the Detroit Pistons took some time to think about who they wanted to select. It was rumored earlier today that Cade Cunningham would be the selection. Adam Silver makes the pick official as Cade Cunningham out of Oklahoma State goes No. 1 overall. Cunningham will be the man that will lead the rebuild started before the 2020 season.
2. Houston Rockets – Jalen Green
Jalen Green skipped college to play in the NBA G-League. Now being selected No. 2 overall. He is a 3- Level Scorer and Shot Creator. This last season Green played for the Ignite. The Rockets like the Pistons and Thunder went into a rebuild this season. The Rockets traded both Russell Westbrook and James Harden.
3. Cleveland Cavaliers – Evan Mobley
One of the most decorated Pac -12 players in quite some time, Mobley was the Pac 12 Player, Freshman, and Defensive Player of the Year. Mobley a Center will add positional depth for the Cavaliers.
4. Toronto Raptors – Scottie Barnes
A surprising pick here because that means Jalen Suggs has fallen out of the Top 4. Barnes averaged 10 points, 4 rebounds for the Seminoles. He is versatile defender. An NBA Comparison is Draymond Green.
5. Orlando Magic – Jalen Suggs
The Magic have been in a rebuild for quite some time, and they traded away Aaron Gordon this last season. So the Magic will draft Jalen Suggs. The Magic drafted Cole Antony last season, so the pick pairs Suggs up with Anthony and Jonathan Isaac. Suggs or Anthony could be moved to SG.
6. Oklahoma City Thunder – Josh Giddey
The Oklahoma City Thunder make Giddey the first NBA Academy graduate to be drafted. Giddey is the 5th Australian born player, and the first since Ben Simmons in the lottery. Giddey would slide to SF with SGA at the SG. The Thunder are still looking for a PG, C, and PF in their rebuild.
7. Golden State Warriors (Via MIN) – Jonathan Kuminga
The second pick out of the NBA G- League. He is an Elite Athlete, and Versatile Defender. An All-around player who could slot in at either SF or PF. The Warriors were trying to trade this pick.
8. Orlando Magic (Via CHI) – Franz Wagner
The brother of Mo Wagner, who plays for the Magic. The Wagner brothers will have a chance to play together. Franz has been drafted higher then Moritz. The Magic have possibly drafted their future Center.
9. Sacramento Kings – Davion Mitchell
Drafted out of Baylor, Mitchell is a Tenacious Defender and Relentless Driver. He helped lead Baylor to the College Basketball Championship.
10. New Orleans Pelicans – Ziaire Williams
Rounding out the Top 10, the New Orleans Pelicans take some shooting at the guard position. Something the Pelicans have lacked outside of Brandon Ingram. The Pelicans will pair Williams and Williamson.
11. Charlotte Hornets – James Bouknight
The Hornets are taking the Guard out of UConn. Bouknight played with Cole Anthony in AAU ball, and fits the mold of an NBA Shooting Guard.
12. San Antonio Spurs – Josh Primo
The Spurs drafted the youngest player. Primo is a versatile shotmaker who could take the league by storm.
13. Indiana Pacers – Chris Duarte
The former Duck goes 13, and he becomes the oldest player in the NBA Draft. A very versatile shooter out of Oregon, he can play multiple positions.
14. Golden State Warriors – Moses Moody
The Warriors considered Moody at the No. 7 pick, and they added the versatility of Moody to add to Curry and Klay Thompson.
Between the two selections, The NBA honored Terrance Clarke!
15. Washington Wizards – Corey Kispert
The Washingtion Wizards traded Russell Westbrook, so they were looking for some shooting. Kispert is a versatile player who has great basketball IQ. You can check out a profile by Dacota here.
16. Traded Pick: Houston from OKC: Alperen Sengun
Posted a double-double in Europe… Sengun has the potential to be like Nikola Jokic. He lost 30 pounds so he has become more bouncy as well, fitting into the NBA as a versatile center.
17. New Orleans Pelicans (Via MEM) – Trey Murphy
18. Oklahoma City Thunder – Tre Mann
With the last pick that Thunder made they picked a scorer to compliment Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. Now by adding Tre Mann, the Thunder have chosen their point guard and are looking good for the Future.
19. Traded Pick: Charlotte Hornets (via New York) – Kai Jones
The Charlotte Hornets have just picked up their PF, Jones has mobility and potential on the offensive side.
20. Atlanta Hawks – Jalen Johnson, Duke F
21. New York Knicks (Traded to LA Clippers) – Keon Johnson
22. Washington Wizards – Isaiah Jackson
23. Houston Rockets – Usman Garuba
24. Houston Rockets – Josh Christopher
25. New York Knicks – Quentin Grimes
26. Denver Nuggets – Nah’shon “Bones” Hyland
27. Brooklyn Nets – Cam Thomas
28. Philadelphia 76ers – Jaden Springer
29. Brooklyn Nets – Day’Ron Sharpe
30. Memphis Grizzlies – Santi Aldama
SECOND ROUND OF THE NBA DRAFT
31. Washington Nationals – Isaiah Todd
32. Oklahoma City Thunder – Jeremiah Robinson-Earl
33. Los Angeles Clippers – Jason Preston
34. New York Knicks – Rokas Jokubaitis
35. New Orleans Pelicans – Herb Jones
36. New York Knicks – Miles McBride
37. Charlotte Hornets – JT Thor
38. Chicago Bulls – Ayo Dosunmu
39. Sacramento Kings – Neemias Queta
40. Utah Jazz – Jared Butler
41. San Antonio Spurs – Joe Wieskamp
42. Detroit Pistons – Isaiah Livers
43. Trade: Portland selects Greg Brown
44. Brooklyn Nets – Kessler Edwards
45. Boston Celtics – Juhann Begarin
46. Toronto Raptotrs – Dalano Banton
47. Toronto Raptors – David Johnson
48. Atlanta Hawks – Sharife Cooper
49. Brooklyn Nets – Marcus Zagarowski
50. Philadelphia 76ers – Filip Petrusev
51. New Orleans – Brandon Boston
52. Detroit Pistons – Luka Garza
53. Philadelphia 76ers – Charles Bassey
54. Milwaukee Bucks – Sandro Mamukelashvili
55. Oklahoma City Thunder – Aaron Wiggins
56. Charlotte Hornets – Scottie Lewis
57. Detroit Pistons – Balsa Koprivica
58. New York Knicks – Jericho Sims
59. Brooklyn Nets – RaiQuan Gray
60. Milwaukee Bucks – Georgios Kalaitzakis
And that will conclude tonight’s NBA Draft.
Check out our Shop!
Follow us on Twitter!
Follow us on Instagram!
Like us on Facebook!
Subscribe to us on Youtube!